Main Concert Venue - St Mary's Lasham
There has been a religious building on this site since Saxon times, the present Victorian church of St Mary’s is a small building built in 1866, in the 13th-century style and consisting of a chancel with a north vestry and organ chamber, and a nave with a wooden tower over the west end, and a south porch also constructed of wood. The walls are of flint with stone dressings, pierced by plain lancet windows. The roofs are of open-timber construction covered with tiles, and the tower is shingled. It contains only one bell, which bears the name of its donor, and the date 1786.
At the west end of the nave floor is a slab to Thomas Plowden, second son of Edmund Plowden, who died in 1698, with a shield of his arms. The churchyard is small, surrounded by wooden palings, and is entered from the road by a modern lych-gate.
Mobile: 07747 810494
Mobile: 07765 676053